There are endless house cleaning topics to discuss, from towels to eco products…vacuums…how to clean and the list goes on. But recently we came across interesting and funny facts about cleaning your house!
- Iceland is the cleanest country in the world.
- Spraying a surface and immediately wiping it away will only do half a job. The majority of antibacterial cleaners are designed to be left on surfaces for 30-60 seconds before wiping them off.
And if you’ve run out of your antibacterial spray – lemons are a great disinfectant.
- Some countries, including Scotland, Ireland and New Zealand, have a ritual house-cleaning the day before the New Year – similar to our ‘Spring Cleaning’.
- The average WOMAN cleans for 12, 896 hours in her lifetime while MEN clean an average of 6, 448 hours.
- Almost half of cohabiting couples argue about House Cleaning. What do they argue about?
- 27% argue about WHO should clean
- 24% argue about how OFTEN
- 17% argue about HOW to clean something
- 34% argue about OTHER cleaning issues like products and equipment
- Office phones have over 25 000 germs per square inch.
- The air quality in a closed space can be up to 500% worse than outdoors.
- One square meter of carpet can hold approximately 1kg of dirt.
- Typical office workers hands come in contact with 10 million bacteria per day.
- The most disturbing fact – about cleaning was learning what dust is compiled of.
Dust in the home is a particle composed of 80% human skin cells along with fibers from clothes and bedding, along with outside particles like soil.
Dust can irritate allergies and asthma. So make sure you stay on top of dusting!
Did you know some of these cleaning facts? There is so much more information to follow up on about house cleaning. Subscribe to our newsletter and get updated about best cleaning facts and tips! Happy Cleaning